I used to absolutely love those pumpkin muffins filled with cream cheese frosting that Starbucks sells at this time of year. Oh, how I’ve missed them! And nothing quite says fall like a pumpkin spice muffin mixed with a light cream cheese frosting. It’s a little piece of heaven. I LOVE pumpkin and I am so happy to report that these are soft, chewy, and delightful. A great gluten-free replacement for a fall favourite!
1 3/4 cups – All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (2 part Rice Flour/2/3 part Potato Starch/1/3 part Tapioca Flour)
1 cup – Organic Cane Sugar
1 teaspoon – Baking Soda
3/4 teaspoon – Xanthan Gum
3/4 teaspoon – Salt
1/2 teaspoon – Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon – Organic Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon – Organic Nutmeg
2 – Large Brown Organic Free Range Eggs
1/4 cup – Water
1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons – Canola Oil
1 can – Organic Pumpkin (397 g/14 oz)
1/2 cup – Unsalted Butter
1/4 cup – Cream Cheese
8 tablespoons – Sifted Icing Sugar (or until desired consistency)
INSTRUCTIONS – MUFFINS
1. Set oven to 350 (F) & put muffin cups into trays (makes 12).
2. Mix all dry ingredients together in bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Bake 20-30 minutes, or until nothing comes out on your toothpick.
5. Cool entirely.
INSTRUCTIONS – FROSTING
1. Beat butter until fluffy (make sure it is a room temperature).
2. Add in cream cheese and mix.
3. Sift in icing sugar until you get the texture you are looking for.